CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL
Achilleas Malliotis has extensive experience in advising domestic and international clients on corporate, commercial, banking, regulatory, financial services, insolvency and restructuring matters.
- Advised a UK listed company on its acquisition via an affiliated entity of a Cyprus-based IT company
- Consulted with a leading UK based law firm during its engagement by Central Bank of Cyprus regarding implementation of resolution decrees during the 2013 banking crisis.
- Involved in numerous legal due diligence exercises performed on companies in Cyprus on behalf of international banks
- Acting as appointed receiver and manager of several local companies by chargeholders
- Involved in providing advice and drafting reports on the implementation of labour law Directives of the EU in the Cyprus jurisdiction following award of tender by relevant European Commission DG.
Career, Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduated in Government and Law, University of London, 1999
- M.A. European Integration, University of Bradford, UK, 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, UK, 2001
- Barrister-at-Law, BPP Law School (Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn), UK, 2002
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2003
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner since 2015
- Speaks Greek and English
- Co-author of “A Practitioner’s Guide to Takeovers and Mergers in Europe” published by City and Financial Publishing, June 2008
- Co-author of the Cyprus chapter of “National Registration for Producers of Electronic Waste” published by Springer-Verlag, New York, 2009 edition
- Co-author of Cyprus chapter of “Joint Ventures in Europe” published by Tottel Publishing, January 2009
- Co-author of Cyprus chapter of “International Securities Law and Regulation” published by Juris Publishing Inc., New York, 2014
- Author of the Cyprus chapter of “Digest of the Digest of Commercial Laws of the World” published by Thomson Reuters, 2017 and earlier editions