Daniel is experienced in M&A and corporate law, banking and finance, capital markets and collective investment schemes. He regularly advises EU and third-country corporate and institutional clients including banks, funds and investment firms, and their legal advisers (predominantly major international law firms), on issues of project development and finance and commercial contract negotiations both from a transactional and regulatory perspective.
- Assisted the potential purchasers of a majority stake in a bank authorised in Cyprus with the termsheet negotiations and performed an initial legal due diligence on the target
- Worked alongside top-tier international law firms in connection with a secured Cyprus law transaction between a German borrower and its syndicated lenders following a German law merger.
- Dealt with all the Cyprus elements of the international restructuring of a US-based group of companies in the food and beverage sector.
- Formed several investment firms and funds, assisted them in obtaining authorisation from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission and advised them on AIF, AIFM and UCITS Law and the relevant directives and circulars on an ongoing basis.
- Advised the audit, advisory and tax advisory teams of big four accounting firms on legal issues including corporate governance and contract law.
- Conducted legal due diligence of a Cyprus pharmaceutical company in connection with its EUR335 million acquisition by a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Represented clients in court hearings relating to corporate restructurings (mergers and reverse mergers) and capital reductions.
- Advised owners of intellectual property assets on eligibility of various assets for inclusion in the Cyprus IP box taxation scheme.
- Advised corporate clients and investment firms on the restrictive measures imposed by the EU against the Russian Federation following the crisis in Ukraine.
Career, Skills and Qualifications:
- Oxford University, UK: MPhil in Classics 2012
- University of Nicosia, Cyprus: LLB in Greek Law 2014
- University of Thessaly, Greece: BA in Classics 2010
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2016
- Admitted as a European Union Lawyer in Greece 2017
- Senior associate since 2017
- Speaks English and Greek
Awards / Accreditations:
- Received full academic scholarship from the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, Greece, for his studies at the University of Oxford.
- Received full academic scholarship from the WSD Louey Foundation, Hong Kong, for his studies at the University of Nicosia.
- Received the Craven Grant of the University of Oxford (Whitcombe Greene Fund).
- Received the Meyerstein Committee Grant of the University of Oxford.
- Received the Waldren Award from the Linacre College House Trust Committee, University of Oxford.
- Cyprus section of Mifid II Report 2017