Daniel has extensive domestic and international experience in corporate, funds and banking and finance law. He advises and supports corporate clients, financial institutions and investment firms with respect to asset finance, project finance and commercial contract negotiations.
- Formed investment firms and funds and advised them on AIF, AIFM and UCITS Law and the relevant directives and circulars issued by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Advised corporate clients and investment firms on the restrictive measures imposed by the EU against the Russian Federation following the crisis in Ukraine.
- Advised the audit, advisory and tax advisory teams of a big four accounting firm on legal issues including corporate governance and contract law.
- Advised a private Swiss bank on the formation of its account applications for the provision of private banking and asset management services.
- Implemented the Cyprus elements of a global corporate restructuring of a USA-based group of companies.
- Legal due diligence of a Cyprus pharmaceutical company in connection with its EUR335 million acquisition by a multinational pharmaceutical company.
Career, Skills and Qualifications:
- Oxford University, UK: MPhil in Classics 2012
- University of Nicosia, Cyprus: LLB in Greek Law 2014
- University of Thessaly, Greece: BA in Classics 2010
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2016
- Admitted as a European Union Lawyer in Greece 2017
- Senior associate since 2017
- Speaks English and Greek
Awards / Accreditations:
- Received full academic scholarship from the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, Greece, for his studies at the University of Oxford.
- Received full academic scholarship from the WSD Louey Foundation, Hong Kong, for his studies at the University of Nicosia.
- Received the Craven Grant of the University of Oxford (Whitcombe Greene Fund).
- Received the Meyerstein Committee Grant of the University of Oxford.
- Received the Waldren Award from the Linacre College House Trust Committee, University of Oxford.
- Cyprus section of Mifid II Report 2017