George specializes in civil litigation and has a broad trial and appellate litigation practice, with a focus on corporate and commercial litigation, tort, contract, banking and real estate claims.
George has extensive experience in dealing with all types of urgent injunctive relief cases including ex parte applications for freezing injunctions, receivership and Anton Piller orders, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other disclosure orders.
- Advising high net-worth individuals and corporations and representing them in court in multi-million commercial disputes, including complex shareholder disputes.
- Handling complex and highly contested cases including matters related to family law, contract law, employment law and rent control.
- Assisting in interim procedures involving the creditors and the owner of a collapsed Russian bank, resulting in the withdrawal of a half-billion euro claim.
- Successfully defending against an application for the recognition, registration and enforcement of Russian and UK court judgments and an application for reference of a preliminary ruling to the European Court of Justice in a 250 million euro case involving a well-known Russian citizen.
Career, skills and qualifications
- Graduated in law from Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2009
- Speaks Greek and English