Maria Kyriacou has extensive experience in company law, restructuring and insolvency as well as intellectual property and competition law.
- As Registrar of Companies, advised and assisted in drafting most of the current Cyprus legislation on company law, trusts, foundations, intellectual property, patents, insolvency and restructuring.
- Advising multinational corporations on corporate law, restructuring, banking and finance law and intellectual property protection.
Career, Skills and Qualifications
- Barrister at Law, Member of the Middle Temple Inns of Court, London
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 1974
- Head of the Nicosia office of Elias Neocleous & Co LLC and its legacy firm since January 2007
- Registrar of Companies, Trade Marks and Patents and Official Receiver from 1989 to 2001
- Internal legal advisor of the Cyprus Popular Bank Public Co Ltd from 1972 to 1982
- Member of INSOL International
- Member of the Cyprus Parliament
- Member of the parliamentary committees on finance, commerce and industry, employment and the Supervisory Committee from 2001 to 2016
- Speaks Greek and English
Awards / Accreditations
Cyprus International Businesses Association Awards 2003 – In recognition of her outstanding co-operation with the Association