CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL
+357 25 110138
Philippos has extensive experience and expertise in the fields of private wealth planning, trusts, corporate and commercial law and taxation.
- Advising the family office of an HNWI investor who participated via an investment in excess of EUR 300 million in the joint venture that developed one of the most emblematic towers in Moscow, and providing Cyprus corporate and tax advice on the tax optimization regarding the distribution of the proceeds following the sale of the participation in the project.
- Advising clients on the Cyprus tax and legal aspects of effective corporate structures established and managed in relation to substantial investments into high end residential properties situated in prime locations in London
- Providing corporate and tax advice and support on corporate optimization, business substance and the application of the EU Parent Subsidiary Directive in relation to a cross-border investment in excess of EUR 300 million into an Austrian company listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange engaged in the energy sector
- Assisting the family office of a HNWI with the sale of his substantial stake held in a Russian company listed on the London Stock Exchange that was held via a Cyprus trust structure for a consideration in excess of USD 4 billion.
- Advising HNWIs on wealth planning and tax optimization of their affairs by means of effective legal vehicles and structures including Cyprus trusts.
- Advising the family office of a HNWI in relation to the acquisition of a Greek island whose value exceeds EUR 100 million via a Cyprus International Trust structure and related corporate vehicles in Cyprus and Greece.
Career, Skills and Qualifications
- Graduated in law from the University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom, 2003
- Admitted as a barrister (Inner Temple) in England & Wales in 2004 (non-practising)
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2005
- Partner in our legacy firm since 2012
- Speaks Greek and English
- Member of the board of directors of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Cyprus
- Member of the International Tax Planning Association.
- Licensed insolvency practitioner since 2015.
Awards / Accreditations
- Ranked as Leading Lawyer for 2017 by IFLR 1000 in the areas of Financial and Corporate Law
- Recommended by Legal500 for 2017 in the fields of Banking and Finance and Tax