FINANCIAL SERVICES ADVICE AND SUPPORT
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC’s financial services team has unrivalled experience in helping its clients, including domestic, EU- and non-EU credit and financial institutions, investment firms, collective investment vehicles, corporations and high net worth individuals, to navigate the increasingly complex Cyprus and EU legal and regulatory framework governing the financial services sector.
Our dedicated financial services team of experienced legal and business professionals can assist you with all legal and regulatory matters in banking, investment services and capital markets regulation and the funds sector.
We offer legal advice and support to achieve compliance with the legislation applicable to banks and other financial institutions, including:
- the Cyprus Banking Law, the Payment Services Law, the E-money Institutions Law, the Transfer of Banking Loans Law and the Financial Leasing Law
- the directives, regulations and guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Cyprus
- the EU legislative framework on regulatory capital
- the Banking Recovery and Resolution Directive, as implemented in Cyprus
Investment services and capital markets regulation
Against the background of constant change in the fields of investment services and capital markets our financial services specialists can offer up to date advice and draft all necessary documentation to secure compliance with:
- the complex regulatory environment under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directives (MiFID I, MiFID II and MiFIR) as implemented in Cyprus under EU and national law and directives and circulars issued by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
- the legislative and regulatory framework governing swaps and other transactions in derivatives, including FX
- the market infrastructure environment as applicable in and from Cyprus and other EU equity and debt capital markets
- reporting and other obligations arising from the European Market Infrastructure Regulation and the Central Securities Depositories Regulation
- the EU and Cyprus framework on listed equity and debt securities under the the Prospectus, Public Offer and Takeover Bids laws and regulations, the Market Abuse law and regulatory requirements regarding market disclosures and transparency
Funds and collective investments advisory, establishment and maintenance
Our funds advisory team of financial services, legal and tax professionals provides legal, regulatory and tax advice and assistance with:
- establishment and structuring options, enabling clients to make informed decisions
- obtaining the requisite regulatory licence from CySEC, dealing with all stages of the process, from preparing and filing the application up to the granting of the regulatory approval
- selection of the parties involved in the fund or collective investment entity and outsourcing of operational requirements, including the administration, management, depositary, compliance and audit services though our extensive network of professionals
- ongoing legal and tax advice
We invite you to download our Alternative Investment Funds brochure available here.